Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let there be light!

We have power!! Yes! After 2 1/2 days of no power we are back in touch with the world. Although I think I may miss part of our "pioneer days." Thankfully our neighbor let us plug the fridge into his generator so we didn't lose anything there and we had hot water. But the peace and quiet that came at night was so refreshing. No TV, no phones, no lights (minus the flashlights), no laundry to do (ok I could have washed by hand - dishes too), no cooking, no vacuuming (thankfully the little dust buster still worked), a gaggle of girls in the house and outside (there were eight of them at one point).

But today it's back to regularly scheduled programming...dishes, laundry, email, work, etc. But maybe at night I can regain some of the solitude and peace that came with no distractions and no power.

And Lord I thank you for the peace and quiet that came with the power loss and I thank you that we lost nothing but gained a tremendous amount. Please be with those that are still without power.

No comments: